Adam Wheeler is a BJJ black belt that also has a bronze medal from wrestling in the 2008 Olympics. We are thrilled to cover a huge range of topics with such a motivating person.
- Adam Wheeler being awarded the bronze medal in the 2008 Olympics
We talk about:
- Wrestling as a kid
- Having the lable of a chubby kid
- Wrestling both Greco-Roman and Freestyle
- How important his wrestling coach was to him as a kid
- Transitioning from wrestling to BJJ
- Winning gold in no-gi black belt open division masters 1 in 2014
- Learning from competing
- Competing as an underdog
- Getting coaching advice from Rulon Gardner
- He shares some stories from the Olympics
- What he does off of the mat
- What he wants his kids to get out of sports
- What he tells his kids after a competition
- Getting his black belt quickly
Quote of the week: "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." Confusiuos
Article of the week: 50 Killer Tips For BJJ White Belts
Fuji Sekai Gi- Byron has this gi and he is loving it, check it out.
Here is a link to Byron's full review of this gi, and here is a link to our gi guide.
This week Claudio teaches us how to say "You're Welcome" in Portuguese Click this link to find the entire set of words from Claudio
If you are interested in supporting The BjjBrick Podcast find out how here
Gary's audio book this week is called "The Tortoise and the Hare the Untold BJJ story"
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast
The BjjBrick Podcast is in iTunes, Stitcher radio, and RSS link for Andriod
Direct download: Epi2013120Adam20Wheeler.mp3
-- posted at: 11:00am CDT