The BjjBrick Podcast is in iTunes, and Stitcher radio
- The Bjj Mental Coach Gustavo Dantas
Have you ever failed to deliver your best when it counts? This week our friend and BJJ black belt Gustavo Dantas will help you do your best on and off the mat. Gustavo has been training BJJ for 25 years, he is a 4th degree black belt. He has a passion for teaching BJJ and helping coach people to reach their goals. His coaching website is TheBjjMentalCoach.com.
In this interview we talk about:
- Doing BJJ as a kid in Rio
- Listening to audio books
- Why he recommends the book Psycho-Cybernetics
- The BJJ Mental Coach blog
- How he was able to overcome a bad start to competing
- Overcoming mental blocks in competing
- Moving to the United States from Brazil
- Dealing with competition anxiety
- A recent interview he did with Budo Videos
- Dealing with a high pressure situation
- How he runs competition students different from the students that don't compete
- Learning from failure
- The three types of training partners that you need to be training with
- How BJJ can benefit someone off the mat
- Fixing mistakes after a tournament
- Living up to your full potential
- Dealing with fear
- Focusing on only the things that you can control
- His four Dvd set Inner Discovery for outer success
Contact Info for Gustavo Dantas- Email: email@example.com, His Facebook Page, The Bjj Mental Coach website
Gustavo's Sponsors Shoyoroll, Aggro Brand
Quote of the week: "Everybody want to be a champion but not many are willing to do what it takes to become one" Presented by Joe Solecki
Article of the week:"5 Tips for BJJ Over 35"
Want a better Guillotine Choke? Check out this seminar by our friend Roy Marsh!
This episode also has the first of our series of "The Most Interesting Grappler"
Direct download: Epi206020Gustavo20Dantas.mp3
-- posted at: 12:41pm CDT