This week we have an interview with Second Degree Ribeiro Black Belt Matt Jubera. He as won pan ams multiple times in different divisions.
We talk about:
- His start with BJJ
- Starting wrestling in highschool
- Using his wrestling in BJJ
- Why being a little bit lazy can help you add efficiency to your BJJ
- Using a heavy pressure style
- Focusing on the bread and butter moves
- The idea of training ugly
- Upcoming competitions
- Tips for how he has been able to stay injury free
- Tips for preparing mentally for a competition
- Advice for training on a busy schedule
- Competition training advice
- Building a good defense your first few years
Quote of the week:This week we have three quotes presented by Neil Melanson.
- Iron sharpens Iron, so one person sharpens another Proverbs 27:17
- As a coach figure out why not how
- Loyalty goes two ways
Article of the week: Are You Doing the Right Things Before and After BJJ?
Gary's audiobook is called "Iron Sharpens Iron, Just Like Gary Sharpens Byron"
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast
The BjjBrick Podcast is in iTunes, Stitcher radio, and Google Play Music for Andriod
Direct download: Epi2017820Matt20Jubera.mp3
-- posted at: 11:00am CDT